If there are some emails missing in your BellSouth email account even after importing them from the account, then there is nothing to worry. We are now going to share the solution with you in form of steps. You must follow the steps in the same order. If after implementing the steps, you are still facing any problem, then call at email support and talk to agents.
Step 1: Check the messages in the conversation thread
Bellsouth usually puts all replies in conversation thread folder. If you want to view the mails in the thread, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open BellSouth Email Account.
- Go to ‘Email’.
- On the top right, you will find an option ‘Expand’ all. Click on this button to open all mails.
- You will find the hidden or lost mails here.
Step2: Check the size of incoming mail
If the email imported on BellSouth account is larger than 150 MB space, including attachments, then you won’t be able to receive that mail. To search the mail size, you can follow the following steps.
- Open Bellsouth email.
- Click on ‘Search’ menu and open mail according to size. Enter the size in bytes.
- If the emails received in the folder are larger than the defined size, then your emails will be barred.
- If you want to search the emails smaller than a certain size, then enter the size in the search box. All emails smaller than the certain size will be displayed on the screen.
- If you want to check the mail size through other email programs like Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, then call at customer support.
Step3: Check the settings in your account
- From your computer, click on ‘Bellsouth’ email. If this is not available by default, then click to open it from the browser.
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘Accounts and import’ option.
- Check if the import option appears or not. If this option appears, but you don’t find the particular message then check the POP settings of your account. If you have deleted the old account, then the old messages will also get deleted with the POP account type.
- In case the option disappeared, then go to next troubleshooting step.
Step4: Check the problem with the import
- From your computer, open BellSouth.
- Go to settings again from the top of the screen.
- Click on ‘Accounts and imports’.
- Click on ‘Import from other mail account’ option. If you find Import there, click on ‘Edit’ option.
- Don’t forget to check on ‘Leave a copy of the message on the server’ option from the screen.
- If you find that the above-mentioned option is enabled but still not getting mail, then the mails might be deleted from the old email account.
- If the box is not checked earlier, then it means no email in your old account. The email might have been flashed out from the old account before the commencement of the importing process.
If you are still having some trouble, then call at Bellsouth customer support number or mention your complaint in the help forum.