People no longer use their PC or laptop for accessing their mail as they are now busy with their jobs. So, it is more convenient to open the email on phone rather than switching on the computer at home and start accessing mail. This is easy and more reliable for them as they can send a reply to any mail from any location. However, from last few days, some iPhone users are getting the problem in getting the Bellsouth mail. Maybe they have started getting this problem after updating the OS to 11.1/2/3.
Some of the users have found out that the problem started encountering on their device after updating the iOS OS version to 11.1/2. They have updated the OS version with the intention to get the latest features and capabilities but they eventually got the opposite results. They are not being able to send and receive the Bellsouth mail from their phone.
If you are the victim of this problem, then read the quick solution to it which we are going to discuss today with you. First of all, diagnose the problem and fix it accordingly.
1.Blank screen on mail app: If you find the blank screen on your Bellsouth email app, then it means the email address entered by you is incorrect or there might be some special character included in the mail address. To get rid of this problem, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Remove an email account from the Bellsouth app.
- Delete mail consuming more than 6MB of space from the server. All the promotional emails and other emails that are no longer required must be deleted immediately.
- Delete the outbox folder.
- Now, power cycle your phone by long pressing the power button and swipe to turn it off. Press the power button again to turn it on.
- Carry out restoration function: To restore the things to default, you will have to delete all the data and apps from the phone. Before performing this, you must take backup of your important data in your computer or somewhere else.
2.No new mail in Bellsouth inbox and repeated error message for the wrong password: If you are facing problem in receiving any mail in the inbox and getting an error message on the screen, then you need to check the incoming mail server settings. To check the settings, follow the steps given below:
- Unlock your phone by entering the PIN or password.
- Open mail app and go to ‘Bellsouth’
- You need to log out of the mail from the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you logged out, you need to add the account again.
Note: If you are getting the mail or promotional emails in your trash folder, then no need to check the settings of your account, just click on ‘I am receiving messages in trash folder’ link.
Conclusion: This is all you need to know about the troubleshooting steps for Bellsouth mail. If you are still having any query or problem, then feel free to ask from customer support team available at Bellsouth platform.