Do you want to change your Bellsouth email login to the Gmail account login. If yes, then here’s a quick guide for you. Pay kind attention to this guide. You will come to know about the different steps to transfer the account from Bellsouth to Google account servers.
If you are currently using a Bellsouth email account and want to change it to Google account due to some problem or reason, then you need to check the date of creation of your Bellsouth email account first. If it has been created before 2011, then you can easily transfer it, otherwise, you won’t. We all know that POP3 servers and SMTP servers are required for transfer which you won’t get in the accounts created after 2011. The steps to transfer the Bellsouth net email login to the Google are discussed here as under:
- Log in to the Google account from chrome browser by entering the login details and tap on ‘settings’.
- Go to ‘POP3’ option and click on ‘Add a new account’.
- Now, you need to enter the login details of your Bellsouth email account and click on ‘Next’ option. Enter the password carefully in the next box.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the port number and inbound.att.net settings in the next couple of fields. Enter ‘995’ in the port number box.
- Check and click on the box which says, ‘leave a copy of the message on the server’. This will save the message on both the email service providers. You don’t need to change the Bellsouth email settings for this function.
- Click on ‘SSL’ authentication to enable it.
- Tap on ‘Label incoming messages’. Enable this option to start receiving the messages on your Gmail account from the Bellsouth email account.
- To stop receiving the messages on Google account, you can click on ‘Archive message’.
- Finally, click on ‘add an account’ to add Bellsouth to the Gmail account. The process will automatically start. You need to wait for a while.
Important: If you have recently created an account on Bellsouth email login, then it is recommended to start accessing it through Mozilla Thunderbird or through client program like outlook because the domain on other browsers is going to be expired soon. There are IMAP protocols available with the Bellsouth email account which you can directly transfer to different client programs. In case of support and help, you can contact BellSouth customer service executives. They will guide you properly. Otherwise, you will find server name and port number on the home page. Enter them directly and configure on client program.
All the security features must be turned off while transferring the account from one program to another.
The POP3 settings which we have discussed in this guide are applicable only on Bellsouth email servers. You can’t use these settings for other POP3 servers. All these are valid for POP3 operations.
This is all about the transfer process. If you are having any problem or doubt, then feel free to contact our customer care executives. They will help you in fixing all the possible problems. You can also visit the official support page for the related issue. All the issues are discussed over there as well. You can also submit your suggestion or feedback on the same platform after signing onto the page.