Are you still using an old BlackBerry smartphone? Well, there are thousands of people like you who are using BlackBerry phones because they still find operating a BlackBerry easy than any other phone. BlackBerry smartphones are basically made for businesspersons, as using emails on a BlackBerry is a charm.
BlackBerry users are primarily those who want to perform business-related tasks on the phone. When it comes to accessing emails, then there is no better device than a BlackBerry smartphone. If you too are using a BlackBerry device and have configured your Bellsouth email on the phone, then you have done the right thing. If Bellsouth is your primary email, then you can access it anywhere, anytime. Many people like you are using Bellsouth email on their BlackBerry smartphones. But, some of those are now facing errors. Let us find out as to what those errors are:
When they are trying to add their Bellsouth email on BlackBerry phones, they see a message in which it is given that ‘Email Address or Password is Invalid. Verify your email ID and password’. Some users are getting this message, ‘unable to find connection information. Kindly use advanced setup’, or ‘login information for your account has been changed or is incorrect. Kindly update login information and try again’.
A number of users have seen a completely different message, i.e., ‘unable to authenticate your account, kindly update the settings for an account and try again.
It’s time to go through the causes that have led to such errors;
Cause #1: The information entered to log into Bellsouth email account is incorrect.
Solution: Log into Bellsouth email account followed by verifying login information.
Cause #2: Inactive Bellsouth email account because the account hasn’t been accessed for 4-5 months.
Solution: Reactivate your Bellsouth email account.
Cause #3: A CAPTCHA response is expected from Bellsouth email account.
Solution: login into Bellsouth accounts through webmail to pass CAPTCHA Challenge.
Cause #4: Bellsouth email authentication token has expired.
Solution: Change the password for Bellsouth email account followed by waiting for a few minutes prior to trying to integrate Bellsouth email account again.
Cause #5: User’s age isn’t appropriate to use an email account.
Solution: Update your Bellsouth email profile followed by checking if you have entered the correct birthdate or not.
Cause #6: Enabling of second sign-in verification on Bellsouth email account.
- Log into your Bellsouth email account.
- Select ‘Settings’ and then, ‘Account’ info.
- Select ‘App Password’ followed by selecting ‘create a new application password’.
- Select ‘Generate Password’ followed by selecting ‘Blend your email ID to BlackBerry with app password’.
Cause #7: Authenticate the email using a verification code because the email service has gone towards a ‘password free’ mode.
- Launch ‘BlackBerry’ Browser.
- Go to ‘Bellsouth.com’.
- Sign into your Bellsouth email account.
- Select ‘code verification’ method.
- After you receive the code, enter it in the right box.
- After the process gets completed, reintegrate your email account on BlackBerry phone using the standard process for integration.
Cause #8: Yahoo not sure about the app and therefore, not allowing access to it.
- Open BlackBerry web browser.
- Go to Bellsouth.com.
- Log into your BlackBerry email account.
- Go to ‘Account Security’ Settings.
- Select ‘Allow apps that don’t require a secure sign-in’ option.
- To turn off access for a certain app, deselect that app.